Sunday, July 11, 2010

giants of the savannah!!


Carson riding on the elephant!!
Boy the rains were in rare form this weekend. My friend Kenya and her family were in town and we had plans to go to the dallas zoo. Luckily, the rains let up enough for us to go for a little bit. The dallas zoo has a new exhibit..the giants of the savannah. To be honest with you, everytime we go to the zoo..we really dont get to see that many animals so I wasnt holding my breath this time either. Much to my suprise, the new exhibit was pretty nice

At the Dallas Zoo!!
The kids were all in awe of the big lions,giraffes, cheetahs,etc.

Oh so close to the cheetahs!!!

The giraffe came right up to the people and was practically face to face with us. And Carson kept calling for them to mere (come here).

Carson had a great time getting the giraffe to "come here"
It was a good day, but man with the humidity and me being 33 weeks pregnant...I was like in a sauna AND i felt like I was having hot flashes!! Carson still hasnt really figured out that its not best that I carry him.
Yesterday, chad and I decided it was time to clean the pantry out and organize it..so off to the container store it was. We ended up throwing out half of the stuff in our pantry, but hopefully with our new organization..it will cut back on how much we throw away next time.

the new and improved pantry!!
I guess you can say that we are "nesting"...maybe its just chad thats nesting. It apparently seems as though he is the one that is going through this pregnancy by himself...complaining of how tired he is..how hungry he is...how much weight he has gained and how much we need to clean up before the baby! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment